part-time / seasonal
We are seeking a responsible and detail-oriented Assistant Jeweler to join our team. This position will aid in making handmade jewelry in our Nashville, TN studio. The Assistant Jeweler position offers the opportunity to stay on past the holiday season.
- Assembly of necklaces & bracelets : cutting chains & connecting with small jump rings
- Precise measuring and cutting of precious metals
- Assist Studio Manager with other tasks as needed
- Assisting with packaging & fulfilling online orders as needed
skills & requirements
- Some jewelry making experience (not limited to : beading / wire work / macrame)
- Comfortable working with your hands.
- Must be able to read and understand step by step directions.
- Comfortable using small hand tools like pliers, dremel or flex shaft.
- Requires sitting for long periods of time.
- Repetitive physical movements.
- Careful handling of materials.
- Ability to work with very small pieces and parts.
hours & pay
This is a part-time position, 20 hours/week. Starts at $12/hr but compensation depends on experience and skill set. Opportunity to grow with company as experience increases.